One Cake A Week
Do Chocolate Cakes in your house disappear all too quickly?
Then your household will love this Chocolate Orange cake. It has the flavour of Chocolate with a hint of orange juice goodness. Better than chocolate!
Chocolate Orange Cake Recipe
- 125g butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 3/4 cups Self Raising Flour (equivalent to plain flour with 3 teaspoons of Baking powder added)
- 1 1/3 cup castor or fine white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat Oven 180 Celsius or 375 Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 20 cm/8 inch bundt or round cake pan.
- Combine all ingredients in an electric mixer adding wet ingredients last.
- Beat on low speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and beat for 3 minutes or until the cake mixture changes colour and is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Leave stand for 5 minutes before turning out.
- Dust generously with icing sugar before serving.
- Optional: Ice with Choc Orange frosting, if desired.
Chocolate Orange Frosting
- 60 grams or 4 tablespoons soft Butter
- 1 tablespoon grated Orange rind
- 1 1/2 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa
To Make Frosting:
- Beat butter and rind in small mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar and milk gradually.
- Divide frosting mixture in half, stir sifted cocoa into one half and mix well.
- Top cake with spoonfuls of orange and chocolate iceing.
- Swirl icing with knife to give a marbled effect.
I am making #onecakeaweek at the Home by the Sea. Join me in collating a recipe blog list by leaving your link in the comments below.
More HbtS Cake Recipes. There is plenty to choose from.