Why buy spray cans and fresheners for the home and bathroom. It really is cheaper to make your own and far better for the environment as well.
Not only can you avoid using harsh chemicals but you have a lovely natural fragrance from the essential oils, which are easily purchased in bulk.
Here at the home by the sea, I do like to care for our environment, even if it is a small contribution on my own home turf.
- 15 drops bergamot essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops lemongrass essential oil
- 2 Tablespoons of rubbing alcohol (eg. Isocol is fine)
- 4 oz. distilled water
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable based glycerine
- A manual spray bottle to store it in
1. Fill a small spray bottle with water and rubbing alcohol.
2. Add essential oils and glycerine then replace top and swirl gently to combine.
Before you leave the bathroom, give the bottle a shake then spritz the water around three or four times.
[Source and photo credit: http://www.freebiefindingmom.com/10-homemade-recipes-for-beauty-products-diy-poo-pourri-toilet-spray/]